Saturday, August 28, 2010

It's all in the details

I know its not game related, but it is a subject on paint! Now my car has never been a slouch when it comes to the look, but today I went above and beyond. I spent a total of 8 hours working on the finish and here are some of the things done:
  • Meguiars Clay Bar
  • Meguiars Swirl X
  • Meguiars Deep Crystal Polish
  • Meguiars NXT 2.0 Wax
  • Turtle Wax Tire Shine
  • Mothers Powerball and Rim Polish
  • Simoniz Car Shampoo
  • Simonix 10" Random Orbit Polisher
  • VHT Red Caliper paint
  • Meguiars Rubber and Trim cleaner
I have to say $120 later, and I'm impressed. The paint is smooth as silk, and feels almost like butter. Its hard to tell from the color of the car, but the reflection is 100% correct and undistorted! Getting a car detailed like this a shop would be over $200 I'm sure.

The Car is a 2006 Pontiac Grand Prix with a 3.8L Supercharged V6, putting out at least 260 hp and 280 lb·ft. The color is Stealth Grey. I'm entering it into an Ontario wide calender. I hope it makes it in!





... Mitch

No comments:

Post a Comment