Sunday, January 9, 2011

Cruiser Complete

The Avalon Cruiser is Complete and Ready to Deploy!

I finished up the Cruiser today, and it turned out really well I think. I used a mix of different grays for the hull. I used storm and icy from reaper and codex from GW. The was reapers carnage red mixed with GW blood red. I used the red to create a nice contrast from the dull hull.

To create shading I used nauseating blue from GW. Its one of my favorite colors in the GW range. Metallics were done with Tamiya gunmetal and GW boltgun metal. I am still unsure if I will put a wash on the metal surfaces.





I will be creating a stat sheet for this cruiser using Squadron Strike later this week. I'll compile a complete list when I finish up the other starships and make them available for download. Now all I need to do is name this warship! Any ideas?

... Mitch

1 comment:

  1. Kind of depends on the setting you are using. For instance, Union Jack might be highly inappropriate.

    I always like the 'I' names. Invincible, Indomitable, Intrepid.

    Then you could just go for over the top bad guy factor. Devastator, Death's Head, Revenge, and Executionaer are at the top of that list.

    ReplyDelete